Thursday 5 November 2015

Wow!

I was really struggling for energy today, tired and lethargic.  As the day wore on, the weather turned miserable which did nothing to energise me. As I drove to meet up with the Allstars, my dad called to say that he collected £47 in sponsorship last night which took me over £1000! I'm thrilled with having raised that amount in a little over a month and I know of others that have told me that they will donate so the target is certainly achievable, I'd love to have the full amount in the bag before Christmas so all that's left to worry about is the training. That said even when I get to the target I'll still be reminding you (if anyone actually reads this) to donate.
As I met up with the others, lots of people were opting for the short route due to the weather. I opted to run with Mark and Nathan, both great runners, on the long run.  I was pleased I did as I was buoyed by the fundraising results and the rain stopped as we set off. A good pace and a good conversation and we were soon back at the clubhouse having a brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment