Tuesday 20 October 2015

Tough session

So tonight I was feeling fit enough to attempt the long route. In reality my fitness levels have dropped since my injury. Even early into the run I was contemplating swapping to the short route. However, I kept moving forward. Trying to block out the feeling of cold, tight legs, stitch or whatever.  Felt good to get back to the club house, 10km under my belt and didn't give in despite wanting to. The training for the marathon will have days like these and getting through them is going to be tough. I'm going to have to rely on my experience of training with George for Tough Mudder, starting from nothing and achieving a great level of fitness. I will improve, it takes time, practice and effort.

In other news, I'm delighted to have reached £600 of my £1500 target. I have to have 50% of the target a month before the event and the reminder a month afterwards. Ideally I'll have the full total (and more) before the first deadline so I can stop pestering people for their hard earned cash and concentrate on getting mentally and physically prepared for the day. But I'm hugely thankful for all the support given regardless of what stage of the preparation

No comments:

Post a Comment